10 Great 3-Minute Ideas That Will Improve Your Website [Infographic]
By changing a few things, you can improve your website’s performance significantly. Make users engage more with your content and optimize the conversion rate of sales per visitor.
Here we’ll give you 10 3-minute ideas that will improve your website instantly.
Don’t have a website yet? With SimpleSite you can build your own FREE website in minutes. It is extremely easy and stays free forever! Click on the green button below.
Find more detailed information below the infographic.
1. Use quality picturesGood quality pictures stand out and make your website shine! It might be tempting to use your own pictures – it’s a quick and easy fix – but think twice before you upload.
Many people associate poor quality pictures with untrustworthy websites. Using professional and sharp pictures, on the other hand, can make your website appear 10 times more professional and generate more traffic.
If you still prefer using your own pictures for your website, look up a photography guide to make sure you get the most out of your photos as possible, and make sure to use a quality camera.
You can also use online photo editors, such as Pixlr or iPiccy, to edit your pictures so they look better, and alike in style. This will help to create cohesion on your website.
Suggested reading: Use Your Smartphone to Take Amazing Photos
2. Use many pictures
It is especially important to include illustrations on the pages that are heavy on text. Including visual elements will make your website much more readable and easy to navigate for your visitors.
By using this simple trick, chances of people actually reading what’s on your website will improve by up to 90%! Now can you think of any reasons not to include pictures?
Read more: How to Make Your Website More Attractive
3. Don’t use more than 3 different colorsColors are nice. True. But too many colors at once can be confusing. Limit yourself to a maximum of 3 dominating colors on your website.
All of SimpleSite’s web design templates follow the standard guidelines for good web design practices, so you are sure to have a modern and user-friendly design for your visitors. Choose between many different designs.
Click here to start your own free website with a beautiful design.
4. Make sentences short and easy to readYour visitors are much more likely to read the content of your website or blog if the text is (or appears to be) easy to read. Make sure to keep sentences short.
If a sentence takes up more than two lines, you should check if it’s possible to divide it in two. Also make sure to divide your text into paragraphs and use headers. As a rule of thumb you should have 3 sentences per paragraph and 3 paragraphs per header.
5. Proof-read the text on your siteAs the saying goes: two pairs of eyes are better than one. Therefore, it is a good idea to have your website (or at least the most important pages of it) proof-read by another person. This way you can make sure you’re eliminating spelling mistakes or sentences that are hard to understand, or which could be misunderstood. This will make your website appear more professional and ensure better readability on your site.
It doesn’t have to be complicated or expensive getting your website proof-read. Simply ask one of your friends or a member of your family to read it through, just to be on the safe side.
Read more: How to Give Your Blog a Facelift
6. Set up 3 goals for your website - and test them on someoneSet up three goals, that reflect the purpose of your website. Here is an example: Carlo runs a small pizza store that is highly reliant on take-away and delivery. The three goals for his website are:
- Making customers read the menu online, so they can decide which pizza to order before entering the store.
- Enabling people to order their take-away or pizza delivery via telephone.
- Inform visitors where to find the pizza store for pick-up and dine-in.
If they fail to perform the task successfully, investigate what the problem is, and solve it. Is the telephone number too hard to find? Is that because the colour is not bright enough or is it placed in an illogical place? Maybe it should be moved to the top of the page. Is it unclear where the store is located? Maybe the address should be on the front page accompanied by a map, or maybe the names in the menu tabs need to be more specific.
7. Use call-to-action buttons or imagesThese will make sure that you draw your visitors’ attention to the right things on your website.
Basically, a call-to-action button is a button that stands out from the rest of your website with a text that invites the user to take action. The action can be to make a phone call, to sign up for a newsletter, to buy something from your online store, or even something completely different.
To make the call-to-action button or picture stand out from the rest of your website’s layout, you should use colors that differ from the rest of the colors and shades used on your website.
But be careful. Do not to stuff your website with lots call-to-action buttons. This will only confuse your visitors. It'll end up doing more harm than good.
8. Make your contact details visibleYou can only deliver excellent customer service if your visitors can easily communicate with you. If your visitors are having trouble getting in contact with you, they will most likely forget about your website and look somewhere else.
Making sure your contact details are visible to your visitors will also make them more likely to recommend your website to others and it will heighten your website’s credibility! If you have an online store, this is especially crucial, since customers are more likely to buy from you when they trust you.
Customer feedback is also a great way to make sure your website is always as good as can be!
9. Implement social media sharing buttonsEncourage your visitors to share your website on social media by implementing social media sharing buttons. This makes it both easy and fun for your visitors to share your website with friends and family, and it is free advertisement for you!
If you have created your website with SimpleSite, we have already made sure you have social sharing buttons on every page.
Whenever you create a good piece of content remember to invite your visitors to hit the sharing button in the right column of your SimpleSite.
Suggested reading: Use Social Media to Notify Your Readers About New Blog Posts
10. Showcase positive customer experiencesDo you have happy customers? Show it to the public! Whenever you get positive feedback, ask if you can showcase it on your website accompanied by a picture.
Don’t be embarrassed, most customers love to be in the spotlight. They might even encourage friends and family to check out your website if they’re on it!
Author: Camilla Groen